90th DAY – #closetstrike journey

You ever been under water in a swimming pool for a considerable amount of time, and all of a sudden you spring out of the water gasping for air? Well, that’s what today feels like…

It feels like I have literally been under water wearing this same outfit for 90 DAYS straight, and I can now prepare myself to get some air… Why compare having no oxygen to wearing the same outfit? Simple. Each day was a struggle, presented a new challenged, was filled with embarrassment, and became psychologically and emotionally taxing. There were many times I found myself wanting to quit, or break out in tears, or even spring out of the “water of shame” to get some air.

“AGAIN…..” I’d wake up and say to myself.

However, the focus of this journey wasn’t about me! It was to gain a clear understanding of what children who battle poverty fell…. It gave me deeper understanding of how children are impacted emotionally, socially, and even psychologically (those who lack resources). When a child has to endure poverty, shame, and even socially isolating circumstances, it becomes damaging to their self-picture. When a self-image is destroyed, it is hard for any type of hope or confidence to be present (especially in a classroom setting). That’s why I am really excited that our organization will be able to help a little! We are aiming to encourage both educators and students! #lovebeyondwalls will soon present uniforms to four schools we are partnering with to aid families and children.

Terence

Days 85-87 – Awesome BBQ!

This past weekend, #lovebeyondwalls partnered with several people to pull off a BBQ in College View Hill Apartments on Saturday. We had over 30 volunteers, served over 250 people food, resourced 20 people with groceries, and led over 30 youth to faith.

A young man that worked with us named Demetrious Nimmons had each of those young people sign the basketball after declaring their faith in the Lord. Below is a collage of a few pictures from this past weekend. Also, this BBQ day made DAY 85 in on the #closetstrike journey!

10384582_730127550357746_6219018707710207983_n

Terence

DAY 80 – 10 more days to go!

This morning makes 80 DAYS in one outfit! I only has 10 MORE DAYS TO GO to make a full 90 DAYS! My uniform is too small and shoes are badly worn, but this sacrifice is constantly reminding me of ALL the children #lovebeyondwalls will help this school year who have to endure the same journey not as a stance or choice but are forced to each day.10543628_727142203989614_4566573084676689924_n

Terence 

First Community BBQ – Take Love

On July 26th, our next “day of service” we include mobilizing volunteers to put on #lovebeyondwalls first BBQ in the College Park Housing Authority apartments.

Why? Because we have encountered many residents in extreme need, and we feel compelled to take the Love of God to these wonderful people. If you’d like to volunteer, please email volunteer@lovebeyondwalls.org

Details are below!

Barbeque Flyer Template

LBW Team